Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NBA Free Agent Frenzy

What is happening here??? Is this 2000 all over again with Wade playing the role of Tracy McGrady teasing the Bulls with the two visits? As I've mentioned before on this blog, I've been a season ticket holder since 1999 so that fateful year was my first off-season as a season ticket holder; well, if they can't pull something off here, this may be my last. I just can't afford to continue to eat unsold tickets and without one of the big 3 FAs, I?m afraid my ticket value just took a major hit. Yes, I LOVE watching D-Rose play; consummate professional at the tender age of 21, but without some help, they'll never get out of the second round of the playoffs.

Am I overreacting like everyone else here in Chicago? Am I misreading this situation and the Bosh/Wade thing just pushes LeBron to join Rose/Noah here to compete with his two "buddies"? Because how is LeBron going to compete with those two guys in Cleveland basically by himself? He's already proven his team can be knocked out by a team with multiple stars (a la Boston?s big 3). Who else will Bosh/Wade have on their team? I heard speculation that veterans would go there like they did to the Bulls when they were winning, but they haven't won jack at this point so the draw would just be what might happen. Regardless, wouldn't the Bulls still have a better lineup with LeBron coming here than Riley can pull together off the scrap heap to surround Wade/Bosh?
1. Rose
2. Redick (what about Derrek Fisher?)
3. LeBron
4. Taj (couldn?t they still get Boozer and bring Taj off the bench?)
5. Noah

1. Mario Chalmers (assuming no sign/trade)
2. Wade
3. ???
4. Beasely
5. Bosh (doesn't he NOT want to play C? will they sign Shaq to clog, I mean fill up the middle?)

I know you aren't a big fan of the Chicago media, but don?t you agree that if MJ was here as part owner of the Bulls and the face of the franchise that this process could have gone much better? I mean, how does it look to Wade, Bosh, and LeBron to send 4 of the whitest guys in the world to court them to play in Chicago ? Thibodeau, Pax, Forman and Reinsdorf? Wouldn't a welcoming committee of MJ and BJ Armstrong be much more appealing to these guys?

I also saw reports of Boozer/Redick coming here; ya, that makes the Bulls better than they are right now, but doesn't exactly sound sexy or help me sell my tickets, does it? I mean Redick has started only 14 games in 4 NBA seasons; now they want to count on him as the full-time starter?

If they don't get LeBron, does that push Pax out the door? I mean, like Jim Hendry of the Cubs, how many chances do you get? You lost out on potential trades for Garnett, Gasol, and Kobe (they've combined to win every championship since!) and now he's going to WAY overpay Boozer or David Lee (I like them, but they aren't worth whatever they're going to end up paying them) just as he overpaid Deng. Pax didn't get to hire the coach he wanted two years ago (I have to say I'm stunned to hear Vinny got picked up already although it was the Clippers and he probably came pretty cheap since Pax is still paying him) because the owner didn't want to pay him so what is he still doing there?

I've just had this queasy feeling in my stomach since yesterday and it isn't going away?

No comments:

Post a Comment